The OptiSheath® MultiPort Terminal is designed for use in outside plant fiber access networks.
This innovative terminal provides sealed environmental protection and fast, easy incremental connection of subscriber drop cables while increasing deployment velocity. Its reliability and flexibility make it the ideal choice for network access point terminals in FTTx and access network deployments.
The stubbed terminal provides the ability to consolidate cable access points by routing several terminal stubs to a single splice location. This increases workforce efficiency and reduces the overall installation time required to connect customers in FTTx networks.
The OptiSheath® Terminal is available in four configurations: four, six, eight and 12 OptiTap® Single-fiber Connector ports. Used in either spliced or preterminated applications, the integrated cable stub is available in both dielectric and toneable cable designs.
Features and Benefits
- OptiTap® cable assembly connector ports for customer drop terminations
- Available stubbed or preterminated with OptiTip® Multifiber Connector
- 4- and 12-port designs supplied with universal mounting bracket
- Ultrasonically welded housing eliminates water ingress potential and prevents unwanted entry in the field
- Factory-terminated polished connectors eliminates loss associated with excess fusion splices
- 4-, 6- and 8-port configurations compatible with standard 8-in pedestal