The S178A is equipped with a core alignment system that can complete a splice in 7 seconds (semi-auto mode) and an integrated heater which can shrink a protection sleeve in 25 seconds (pre-heat mode). The USB 2.0 mini interface speeds up PC communication and image / video transfer, whilst enhancing reliability.
The S178A is fast and durable, it continues the FITEL tradition of quality and excellence by delivering precise and accurate splices even under rigorous field conditions. Although the S178A is significantly smaller and lighter in weight than previous models, its canopy design, durable metal body frame and rubber protection corners provide robust protection. This enables use in demanding environments without compromising splicing performance. Along with its rugged durability, the splicer also offers convenience. An internal battery system allows up to 200 splicing cycles (splicing/heating) and an innovative, mirror-free alignment system reduces maintenance work. The S178A is a versatile choice for a wide range of applications including FTTx, LAN, backbone, enterprise, long-haul installations, datacenter and OEM. It is an excellent option for use in the conventional telecommunications industry, along with other industries (including oil and gas and outside broadcast).
Features and Benefits
- Internal battery charging
- Illumination lamp lights up a wide area around V-grooves
- User friendly LCD display offers 4 different X/Y image layouts
- Simplified splice result indicator red / green icon
- Rugged and compact handheld design to endure harsh environmental conditions
- Fast splice (7 sec) at super low loss and Fast Heating (25 sec)
- 200 cycles (Splicing & Heating) with Internal batteries
- Splice programs available for All METRO/LAN/FTTx fibers including ultra bend-insensitive fibers (e.g. EZ-Bend™)
- Supported Fibers types: SM (ITU-T G.652.A,B,C,D), BIF (ITU-T G.657 A1, A2/B2, A3/B3) / MM (ITU-T G.651) / DS (ITU-T G.653) / NZDF (ITU-T G.655)