AFL is a trusted supplier of optical testing equipment with more than 30 years of experience and tens of thousands of units in use in the field. AFL’s full range of light sources is used for testing single-mode and/or multimode fiber networks. Sources with wave ID can transmit two or more wavelengths simultaneously – decreasing test time and reducing user errors when paired with AFL wave ID power meters.
- Rugged, dependable, and backed by an industry-best 5-year warranty
- Generates up to three Wave ID wavelengths simultaneously - slashing test time
- Field-swappable connector adapters for maximum flexibility
- Long battery life from globally available AA batteries
Designed for the real world: AFL’s light sources were designed to meet the demands of the outside plant environment. They withstand the one-meter drop and have splash-resistant controls that are easy to use, even with gloves on.
Flexible and efficient: A range of field-swappable output adapters enables access for cleaning optical ports and supports multiple connector styles. The efficient design provides a long test time from globally available AA batteries. External power adapter available for extended testing or lab situations.
Reduce test time and errors: Wave ID (Triple, Dual, or Single) decreases test time while reducing technician errors and CW mode provides continuous output (no encoding).
Supported output modes: Test Tone (2000, 1000, 330, 270 Hz) for use in fiber identification with AFL brand power meters, OTDRs (with fiber end access) or Optical Fiber Identifier (OFI) products for non-intrusive, mid-span testing.
- Certify multimode and single-mode links per TIA/EIA standards
- Link loss measurements
- Pair with power meters, OTDRs or OFIs for testing
- Fiber identification for splicing and continuity checking