Rugged, hand-held and easy-to-use fiber optic test instrument designed to detect and measure the core power levels of optical signals on single-mode optical fiber without disrupting traffic on that fiber. The OFI-400 is simply clamped onto a fiber and indicates the presence and direction of traffic, CW signals and 270, 330, 1000 and 2000 Hz test tones. It allows technical personnel to unambiguously identify a specific fiber and eliminates the risk of accidental disruption of revenue service. AFL OLS7, OLS2, CSS1-SM and Optical Light Sources are ideal companions for the OFI-400.
- 5-Year product warranty; 3-Year recommended calibration interval
- 2-position plunger for use with many fiber types
- Detects directional traffic, CW and 270, 330, 1000 and 2000 Hz tones
- Low insertion loss
The OFI-400 uses a unique optical head design featuring a 2-position plunger that enables it to be used with 250µm, 900µm and ribbon fiber or 2mm and 3mm jacketed fiber. Other brands of optical fiber identifiers require users to purchase, store and swap out optical plungers each time a different type of fiber is tested.
The OFI-400 optical head induces a safe, repeatable macro-bend to the fiber that allows a small amount of light to escape for analysis. Thanks to the design of the optical head, the insertion loss induced by the macro-bend is too small to affect the signal on the fiber and the integrity of the fiber is unaffected by the measurement process.
AFL OFI-400 instruments are designed to be simple, easy to use and reliable. Each feature and the ergonomically-designed macro-bend trigger is comfortable to use. An integrated, backlit display allows the OFI-400 to be used in dimly lit spaces. Powered by 2 1.5V AAA batteries, the OFI-400 can make thousands of fiber tests before needing battery replacement.
- Live fiber detection avoids technician-induced outages; Core power measurements
- Fiber identification and tracing with CW or tones
- Identify high power fibers of circuits (OFI-400HP)
- For use with 2mm and 3mm jacketed fibers (OFI-400C)