The Cable Height Meter from Megger utilizes ultrasonic techniques to determine the height of overhead cables and wires. The instrument is designed to address specific measuring requirements on cables up to 35 feet. The CHM2000 is designed for telecommunication applications.
The Cable Height Meters emit short bursts of sound which originate from the cone-shaped transmitter. The microprocessor in the instruments calculates the elapsed time for the bursts of sound to be reflected from the cable back to the instruments. The result can be displayed in either feet and inches or meters. However, before the final measurement can be displayed, the air temperature must be measured because the speed of sound varies at approximately 0.2 percent per degree Celsius. A temperature sensor, mounted at the front of the instruments, senses the actual air temperature. This information is sent to the microprocessor and incorporated into the algorithm. The distance is then displayed in meters or feet and inches depending on which was selected.
Megger CHM2000 Cable Height Meter Features
- Ease of use - Simple, three-button operation ensures fast, effective measurement with a minimum of operator training
- Compact size - Its lightweight and hand-held portability allows easy transport and multiple measurements
- Inherently safe - No physical connection to cables or wires required to obtain measurement
- Battery condition indicator - Shows the battery warning symbol when the battery voltage falls to approximately 6 volts
- Automatic power-off - Conserves battery power when idle after three minutes
- Calibration and maintenance-free operation - Minimal downtime
- Pre-selectable measuring modes - Will read in either meters or feet and inches for universal use
- Six cable measurement capability - Handles almost any field application
- Quicker measurement of cable height - Saves time and money
The instrument can be used to ensure that OSHA overhead clearance regulations are met at construction sites. It also provides a safer way to measure cable heights on highly congested roadways.
Megger CHM2000 Cable Height Meter Specifications
- Accuracy: Less Than 0.5% Error +/- 2 Digits
- Battery Life: > 50,000 Measurements
- Dimensions: 3" x 4" x 8.5"
- Maximum Height: 35'
- Operating Temperature: 14-Degrees Fahrenheit to 104-Degrees Fahrenheit
- Power Source: 9-Volt Battery
- Resolution: 1/4"< 10 m; 1/2"> 10 m