Kaleido-Solo is a compact, stand-alone 3Gbps/HD/SD video to HDMI converter, which allows low cost LCD displays to be used for video and loudness/Dialnorm monitoring. It's ideal for many professional monitoring applications, including production, mobile truck, post-production and broadcast.
The converter allows operators to monitor loudness and Dialnorm levels accurately over time, using an histogram overlay, without the cost and complexity of a traditional loudness monitoring device. Kaleido-Solo also provides overlays for markers, time code, AFD and peak meters. To simplify embedded audio monitoring, it provides two audio connectors to output S/PDIF and analog stereo of a 5.1 downmix, or any audio pair.
It also provides automatic video input format detection, and supports a wide variety of video resolutions, including 525i, 625i, 720p, 1080i and 1080p.
Kaleido-Solo is available in two versions: KS-900 and KS-910. These two versions are identical except that the KS-900 does not offer loudness and Dialnorm monitoring.
Key Features & Benefits:
• 3Gbps/HD/SD to HDMI / DVI converter for video and loudness monitoring
• Offers high quality monitoring using a low cost LCD panel
• Loudness and Dialnorm monitoring over time (KS-910 only)
• Automatic input format detection
• Built-in scaler/de-interlacer
• Supports 525i, 625i, 720p, 1080i and 1080p
• Multi frame rate support including 23.98p/PsF, 24p/PsF, 25p/PsF, 50i, 50p, 59.94i and 59.94p
• Optical SFP fiber input option
• Dual audio outputs for:
- 5.1 Downmix analog audio output
- Selected pair analog audio output
• Selectable burn-in and Metadata overlay:
- Peak meters
- Aspect ratio markers
- Time Code
• Histogram with Audio Loudness Level and Dialnorm
• Easy configuration using on-screen menu