The 90S is the latest core alignment splicer from Fujikura. It’s designed to give you high quality splices and to stay in the field. The 90S kit solves common problems seen in the field today, from splicing poor quality legacy fiber to automated equipment maintenance and upkeep.
The 90S can be utilized in any field splicing application seen today: bend-insensitive fibers in drop cables, long-haul terrestrial and submarine LEAF fibers, loose buffer fiber, splice on connectors, and the list goes on. The speed and accuracy of the 90S even make it suitable for certain production and specialty environments, where high output, tight packaging, and low loss requirements are needed. Regardless your scenario, the 90S is designed to keep you going with an extended battery life of 300 splice and heat cycles, and by alleviating the need for traditional operation tasks such as; frequent arc calibrations, cleaver blade rotations, cleaver usage tracking, and manual splicing operations with its multiple automated and ease-of-use features. A redesigned work tray, cooling tray, and optional cable clamp make the 90S kit more versatile than any of its predecessors in adapting to varying work conditions and environments. In addition, if you are splicing loose buffer fiber, there is no longer a need to purchase and swap out with an additional sheath clamp. Now, a universal sheath clamp that handles both loose and tight buffer fiber is standard.
- Cleaver tracking and upkeep with wireless communication
- Automated wind protector, sheath clamps and splice operation
- Loose and tight buffer with same sheath clamp
- Lithium-ion battery with 300 splices/shrinks per charge
- Graphical User Interface with 5.0" Touchscreen
- PC software and 90S manual downloaded from splicer
- Multi-function transit case with integrated workstation