The Fluke 438-II Power Quality and Motor Analyzer is a motor analysis test tool for evaluating the electrical and mechanical performance of electric motors, and troubleshooting power quality.
It can help locate, predict, prevent, and troubleshoot power quality problems in three-phase and single-phase power distribution systems, while giving technicians the mechanical and electrical information they need to effectively evaluate motor performance.
- Measure key parameters on direct-on-line motors including torque, RPM, mechanical power and motor efficiency
- Measure electrical power parameters such as voltage, current, power, apparent power, power factor, harmonic distortion and unbalance to identify characteristics that impact motor efficiency
- Perform dynamic motor analysis by plotting of motor derating factor against load according to NEMA/IEC guidelines
- Calculate mechanical power and efficiency without the need of mechanical sensors, just connect to the input conductors
- Identify power quality issues such as dips, swells, transients, harmonics, and unbalance
- PowerWave data technology captures fast RMS data, and shows half-cycle averages and waveforms to characterize electrical system dynamics
- Waveform capture function captures 100/120 cycles (50/60 Hz) of each event detected event, in all modes, without set-up
- Automatic transient mode captures waveform data at 200 kS/s on all phases simultaneously up to 6kV
- Fluke Connect® compatible
- Safety rated for industrial applications 600 V CAT IV/1000 V CAT III rated for use at the service entrance and downstream