An Advanced Feature Digital Multi-Channel Satellite Receiver/Transcoder for Programmers and Digital Operators
• Three service MPEG-4 to MPEG-2 Transcoding
• Simultaneous HD and SD output
• Closed Loop Statistical Multiplex HD output
• Advanced Modulation support with DVB-S2 and Turbocode
• Gig-E and ASI transport outputs
• 1RU chassis design
• DigiCipher® II conditional access control
• Composite video monitoring and dedicated OSD outputs
• 8 RF Inputs (L-Band)
• ASI input
• AFD processing support
• 10/100 BaseT Ethernet port for SNMP monitoring and control
The DSR-6300 Integrated receiver/Transcoder is Motorola’s next generation commercial satellite receiver/transcoder, capable of transcoding three MPEG-4 HD services and outputting three simultaneous MPEG-2 HD and SD services. The DSR-6300 features Motorola’s Emmy® award winning high quality closed-loop statistical multiplexing, which dynamically allocates the optimal bandwidth to each program using Motorola patented video complexity analysis. As a result, up to three HD services can be efficiently delivered to the home in QAM-friendly transport bitrates, significantly increasing the number of services that can be delivered over a standard cable 256-QAM feed.
Packaged in a 1RU chassis, the Motorola DSR-6300 comes equipped with industry standard output interfaces such as Gig-E and ASI that enable seamless connections to head-end equipment. With advanced modulation support, the DSR-6300 supports DVB-S2 and 8PSK Turbocode.