UHP-240 is a universal VSAT dual router with Software-Defined Architecture pioneered by UHP Networks. The device packs industry-highest processing capability into a very compact size with two integrated satellite routers. Each built-in router can process up to 450 Mbps of aggregate traffic and comprises two DVB demodulators, four TDMA burst demodulators, two universal TDMA/ SCPC modulators and two powerful IP routers capable of processing over 190 000 IP packets per second (PPS). The high processing capability allows implementation of uniquely efficient protocols for network access, resource allocation and data encapsulation as well as support for advanced modulation and coding.
- World’s fastest VSAT router with aggregate throughput up to 900 Mbps and powerful UHP-RTOS
- Four DVB demodulators with separate software-switch- able IF inputs and rate up to 65 Msps
- Enhanced DVB-S2 QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK modulations with 5% or 20% roll-off
- One MF-TDMA demodulator with innovative protocol, proven efficiency of 96% vs. SCPC
- Adaptive coding and modulation (ACM) in forward/return channels, including SCPC/TDMA modes
- Independent modes of operation: SCPC, TDM/TDMA, TDM/TDMA Mesh, Hubless TDMA
- HTS-ready VSAT with support of multiple beams, bands, satellites reception with traffic balancing
- Two IP routers productivity up to 190 000 PPS each, rich set of supported protocols, QoS
- Layer 3 routing architecture and Layer 2 bridging mode with IPV6 transport
- Two Gigabyte Ethernet user ports with built-in switch simplifies scalability and connection of CPE
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay about 570 ms for TDMA mode of operations
- Industry’s most compact full-scale 1U Hub with redun- dancy and with scalable MF-TDMA channels
- 1:1 automatic redundancy without external controllers or M:N Smart Redundancy
UHP-240 is a truly universal router which can operate as a star or mesh remote or as a SCPC modem, or as a node in a Hubless TDMA network. This unique device can work as a fully-fledged TDM/TDMA Hub with two Outbound TDM and up to 8 Inbound TDMA carriers. Dual UHP-240 router is a good choice for 1:1 redundant Hubs and terminals.
UHP-240 is a building block in HTS Hubs and provides two Universal Controllers (UC). Each controller may act as an Outroute or Inroute controller, as well as a standby UC. The universal controllers work under management of HTS-NMS with Smart Redundancy that selects the right number of available UCs and assigns to them functions required in order to achieve a specified network configuration.
UHP-240 dual satellite router is supplied in a compact 1U chassis for installation in a standard 19 inch rack. Each built-in router has independent interfaces and own power supply ensuring reliable operations of the router itself and of the outdoor RF equipment from multiple vendors. Low power consumption, optional DC power input, and uniquely fast start on power-up facilitate use of alternative power sources, such as solar batteries.