High-Throughput Satellites (HTS) open unprecedented opportunities for networking over satellite. UHP-140 is a high-performance dual router designed specifically for large-scale deployment in broadband VSAT networks operating over HTS and traditional satellites. This product combines the Universal Hardware Platform (UHP) architecture, which was developed in the previous generation of the award-winning UHP product line.
- High-performance TDM/TDMA Satellite Router with aggregate throughput up to 400 Mbps
- Four independent DVB demodulators with separate IF inputs and rate up to 65 Msps
- Enhanced DVB-S2 QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK and 32APSK modulations with 5% or 20% roll-off
- Two MF-TDMA modulators with innovative protocol and proven efficiency of 96% vs. SCPC
- Adaptive coding and modulation and transmission power control in forward and return channels
- Dual satellite or dual band operations with dynamic traffic balancing and automatic beam switching
- Superior IP router productivity up to 150 000 PPS, rich set of supported protocols
- Layer 3 routing architecture and Layer 2 bridging mode with IPv6 transport
- Support of VLAN, multilevel QoS, RT traffic, TCP acceleration, AES encryption
- Built-in adaptive hierarchic traffic shaper specially designed for VSAT applications
- Two Ethernet user ports with built-in switch simplifies connection of CPE and maintenance
- Ultra-low latency VSAT system with round-trip delay about 570 ms for TDMA mode of operations
- Support of 1:1 automatic redundancy schemes without external controllers
Each of two integrated routers can process 150 000 IP packets per second, 200 Mbps of traffic and two 65 Msps carriers, it can do this with best utilization of the precious satellite resource, as evidenced by up to 32APSK modulation, 5% spectral roll-off, adaptive modulation and coding, adaptive power control and 96% efficient TDMA protocol. This satellite router is a good fit for complex 1:1 redundant TDM/TDMA terminals or can be used as a multi-channel SCPC receiver/concentrator.
Multiple demodulators with separate IF interfaces allow simultaneous reception of four TDM and/or SCPC carriers from few distinct satellite beams or from several antennas. Two TDMA modulators may transmit simultaneously using separate IF outputs.
UHP-140 dual satellite router is supplied in a compact 1U chassis for installation in a standard 19 inch rack. Each built-in router has independent interfaces and own power supply ensuring reliable operations of the router itself and of the outdoor RF equipment from multiple vendors. Low power consumption, optional DC power input, and uniquely fast start on power-up facilitate use of alternative power sources, such as solar batteries.