The RC2000 family consists of the RC2000A and the RC2000C Satellite Antenna Controllers. The RC2000C supports inclined orbit satellite tracking. The RC2000A and RC2000C are based on the same platform. An RC2000A can be converted into an RC2000C by upgrading the controller’s software (stored in EPROM memory) and inserting/replacing a couple of IC’s on the controller’s digital board.
The following features are common to both the RC2000A and RC2000C ...
• An intuitive user interface based on a 2 by 40 liquid crystal display with a 16 key keypad.
• Dual Speed, Solid State Adapti-DriveTM can deliver 8 amps (at 30 volts DC) to the antenna actuator. The drive features electronic over current protection and dynamic braking. An application note is available which describes a method to interface with motors that operate at different voltages - see the Application Information section.
• Precise slow speed control is implemented by a software servo based system that measures the rate at which position pulses are accumulated by the controller and adjusts the voltage applied to the drive to maintain a constant rate of movement.
• Interfaces with pulse based position sensors - reed switch, Hall effect, or optical.
• Servo based polarization control. An optional daughter board, designated RC2KPOL, can interface with a 5 to 24 volt DC powered rotating feed equipped with a potentiometer for position feedback.
• Serial communications via an RS-422 port. The RC2000 uses the industry standard SA Bus protocol.
• Rack Mounting (2 rack units high), 115/230 VAC Switch Selectable Power Input
• Non-Volatile Memory retains satellite position data. The RC2000A can store location data for 50 geostationary satellites. The RC2000C stores location data for 35 satellites, 5 of which may be inclined.