The OFS Toneable Mini LT Drop Cable offers a compact, durable, and easy-to-locate fiber cable in a readily accessible loose tube construction.
The cable’s webbed design allows the locating wire to be easily separated from the main cable sheath by hand, providing simple, rapid routing and grounding of the locating wire.
To construct the cable core, up to 12 optical fibers are placed in a 2.0 mm gel-filled buffer tube to create a flexible, easy-to access loose tube core.
Next, two fiberglass rods are placed diametrically opposite on either side of the fiber core, providing excellent crush resistance and tensile strength during installation and over the lifetime of the cable. A 24 AWG copper wire is aligned along the outside edge of one of the fiberglass rods to provide locatability.
The locating wire, rods, and fiber core are then encapsulated in a durable polyethylene jacket to create a flat cable cross section and lend added protection to the cable core.
Between the locating wire and the adjacent fiberglass rod, the jacket forms a thin web that is easily separated by hand, allowing quick removal of the copper wire from the main sheath.
Features and Benefits:
- Easily removable copper wire allows fast cable location while facilitating bonding and grounding
- Compact, easy-to-access cable provides easy installation and handling
- Suitable for direct buried and duct FTTx drop installations, as well as aerial self supporting applications
- Optimized for fiber counts of 1, 2, 4, 6, and 12 for minimizing deployment costs
- 300 pound (1335 N) rated installation load
- RDUP (formerly RUS) listed and compliant with ANSI/ICEA, Telcordia (formerly Bellcore), and IEC specifications for reliable performance
- Standard availability with OFS AllWave® Zero Water Peak (ZWP) Fiber