OFS’ AllWave® non-dispersion shifted single-mode optical fiber (NDSF) is the industry’s first Full-Spectrum™ fiber designed for optical transmission systems operating over the entire wavelength range from 1260 nm to 1625 nm.
AllWave fiber sets the benchmark and maintains leadership with specifications that are fully compliant with ITU-T G.652 standards for single-mode optical fiber and even exceed requirements of the latest ITU-T G.652.C and G.652.D low water peak fiber standards.
Since the commercialization of AllWave fiber in 1998, the E-band (1400 nm window) is available to inexpensively expand the capacity of optical networks. This is due to an OFS patented manufacturing process that permanently removes the water peak defect to ensure low and stable loss performance in the 1400 nm band and over the life-time of the cable.
AllWave Zero Water Peak fiber offers the lowest loss of all commercial low water peak (LWP) fibers in the industry.
Additional Features & Benefits:
- · Fully compatible with all conventional single-mode fiber applications and with international standards
- · Best in class, low optical loss across the entire spectrum from 1260 to 1625 nm
- · Absence of hydrogen aging defects ensures long-term attenuation reliability across the entire wavelength range (1260-1625 nm)
- · A 50% increase in usable optical spectrum enabling both 16- channel CWDM now, and future DWDM support
- · Best in class, tightest geometry control for lowest splice loss and improved connectorization performance
- · Best in class, low fiber PMD for risk-free speed and distance upgrades
- · Protected by the industry-leading DLux™ coating system for outstanding reliability, environmental performance, and strippability