AFL Flex-Span All-Dielectric Self-Supporting (ADSS) cable is designed for aerial distribution power lines, as well as underground duct applications. As its name indicates, there are no metallic components and the cable does not require support or messenger wire. Flex-Span ADSS cables are a single jacket design intended for the shorter pole-to-pole span lengths in a distribution environment. A broad combination of fiber counts and spans lengths in this product family provide network designers with flexibility in their cable selection.
- Gel-filled tubes are reverse-oscillated to allow slack for mid-span access
- Up to 144 fibers in cable
- Pole-to-pole span lengths up to 1100 feet
- Single jacket design decreases the diameter and weight when compared to double jacket ADSS cable
- No separation requirement of ADSS from conductors per National Electric Safety Code (NESC) section 235