In the outside broadcast world, news and production crews demand robust and fully featured news gathering solutions that enable them to get the best coverage - regardless of how demanding the operational environment, or how tight the deadline.
We have over 10 years heritage in Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG), having pioneered the use of satellite for outside broadcast with the industry's first MPEG-2 DSNG solution, and over seven years of heritage in Digital Electronic News Gathering (DENG).
Today, our technology innovation and leadership continues with our award-winning Voyager products for both SD and HD MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC.
Ericsson E5714 MPEG-2 SD Voyager DSNG
The E5714 can be deloyed within Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) systems requiring either L-band or IF modulation output in a 1RU chassis. It is suited to a variety of applications from low data rate fly-aways to high bandwidth multi-channel SNG trucks.
It features a premium SD MPEG-2 4:2:2 capable encoder with L-band versions offering an advanced DVB-S2 capable modulator as standard. When combined with our 2-year Voyager Warranty and automatic membership of the Ericsson Advance Loan Scheme, the E5714 offers the best performance in the most space efficient package, backed up by the very best in after sales support.
- Encoder and satellite modulator in a 1RU chassis
Quick and easy set-up
- Simple, easy-to-use via front panel, web browser or serial remote control
- Automatic parameter calculations
Top performance video and satellite transmission
- The fifth-generation MPEG-2 video encoder
- Integrated QPSK, 8PSK, and 16QAM satellite modulation options (L-band only)
Highly versatile and cost-effective
- IF or L-band output options
- Extensive range of software and hardware options to tailor to specific requirements
Ericsson E5740 MPEG-2 SD Voyager DSNG
The E5740 can be deployed within Digital Satellite News Gathering (DSNG) systems requiring either L-band or IF modulation output in an upgradeable 2RU chassis.
It features a premium MPEG-2 encoder and advanced DVB-S2 capable modulator, providing outstanding bit-rate efficiency, especially when used in combination. The range of upgrade options is a major feature of this product and includes options to add MPEG-2 HD, MPEG-4 AVC HD or SD as well as extra audio, MPEG multiplexing, and much more.
The E5740 is incredibly easy and intuitive to use and is protected by a standard 2-year Voyager Warranty and automatic membership with the Ericsson Advanced Loan Scheme. The E5740 therefore excels in every area; performance, upgradeability, ease-of-use and after-sales support.
Extensive standard feature list
- Field proven throughout the world
- Highest grade, 4:2:2 capable MPEG-2 SD encoder
- Top performing DVB-S2 capable satellite modulator
- Low latency design
- Standard ASI with choice of IF or L-band satellite outputs
- Easy-to-use with full keypad and oversized LCD display
- Front panel, web browser or serial remote control
Extensive options list
- Integrated multiplexer (REMUX)
- IP output
- COFDM 70 MHz output
- RAS / BISS
- Multiple audio options including Dolby®E and DTS pass-through
- Upgradeable to MPEG-2 HD
- Upgradeable to MPEG-4 AVC HD and SD
Ericsson E5784/5788 MPEG-2 HD Voyager DSNG
The E5784 and E5788 are both premium quality MPEG-2 HD DSNG encoders that can be used in a variety of HD applications from news gathering to covering world-class sporting events. The major difference between these models is MPEG-2 HD 4:2:2 encoding, which is standard on the E5788 but optional on the E5784. Both models are otherwise identical and feature the latest DVB-S2 capable L-band or IF satellite modulator card as standard.
Offering SD and HD MPEG-2 encoding modes, the E5780 series of DSNG encoders is ideal for operators needing a space efficient, flexible solution that is highly upgradeable. A 2-year Voyager Warranty and automatic membership with the Ericsson Advance Loan Scheme completes the package and provides the very best in after-sales support.
A range of option cards is also available, including Remux, which adds the power of an MPEG multiplexer to the box.
The clear choice for HD
- Provides all the features of the E5740
- Adds MPEG-2 HD to provide HD/SD capability
- 4:2:0 or 4:2:2 capable
- Wide range of video bit-rates up to 900 Mbps
- Low latency mode
- Integrated DVB-S2 satellite modulator
- Optional IP streaming output
- Optional multiplexer option (REMUX)
- Multiple audio options including pass-through of Dolby® AC3, Dolby®E, PCM and DTS
The HD solution for today's markets
- Proven interoperability in today's MPEG-2 markets
- Ability to support MPEG-4 when your networks are ready (to EN8040 specifications)