The professional satellite receiver FlexDSR02+ is based on a flexible platform, which can be upgraded from one to two audio interfaces (analog & digital) with a simple software update.
While being an unsurpassed satellite receiver, it is also a full-blown Audio over IP device, allowing to receive transport streams or elementary audio streams via IP with Pro-MPEG FEC and DualStreaming protection against IP packet losses. This enables you to use the FlexDSR02+ in mixed environments, switching to IP distribution when the necessary IP infrastructure becomes available or as a backup solution.
The FlexDSR02+ does support all widespread audio codecs (MPEG 1 Layer 2, MP3, AAC LC, HE-AACv1 and HE-AACv2), but also Enhanced aptX®, which delivers audio quality indistinguishable from the uncompressed audio at much reduced bit rates. If bandwidth is not a problem (maybe because you switched to IP), the audio might also be uncompressed PCM at 48kHz/24bit. So depending on the available bandwidth the FlexDSR02+ will offer a wide range of supported audio qualities.
Additionally to its core functionalities the FlexDSR02+ comes with several features that made this product one-of-a-kind.
- Insertion of local jingles or advertisement with configurable cross fading and relay switching
- Monitoring of IP, SAT and MPEG parameters via SNMPv2c and relay
- Adjustable Silence Detection
- Sophisticated alarm concept including: IP Buffer and Jitter check / PLL
- 4 seconds until audio is available after the device is powered on thanks to a DSP based 24/7 architecture