PRODUCT END OF LIFE – REPLACED BY THE D9865B & D9865H
RECEIVER, SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA
The PowerVu® Model D9835 Satellite Receiver is designed for satellite content distribution of video and audio, and targets the basic business TV, private networks, and SMATV environment. The receiver offers the capability to receive digitally encrypted video, audio, and VBI data. It provides a cost-effective, variable-rate solution to transition existing analog services to digital.
Ease of Use
The unit can be set up via the on-screen display menu, using navigation keys on the front panel of the receiver or an optional handheld infrared remote control. Sixty-four (64) user-editable presets are provided for quick re-tuning to other broadcasts. Power and signal indicators are provided for monitoring status.
This receiver is capable of receiving a DVB/MPEG compliant free-to-air broadcast.
Reception Supporting the PowerVu conditional access with DES or DVB descrambling, this receiver can be used to receive secured corporate communication of video and audio broadcast. It can also be used for secured delivery of TV programming to hotels, MDUs, homes and commercial establishments such as restaurants, stores, etc.
• Variable QPSK symbol rates from 1 to 45 Msymbols/s
• PowerVu conditional access with DES or DVB descrambling
• 4:2:0 NTSC & PAL (B/G/I/D/M/N) video decoding
• MPEG & Dolby® Digital audio decoding
• One unbalanced stereo pair of audio outputs
• Line 21 closed caption and V-chip support
• PowerVu VBI (including NABTS, WST)
• DVB VBI (WST, WSS, VPS)
• DVB or Imitext™ Subtitling
• Fingerprint Trigger
• Service Replacement
• Field upgradeable software and security
• On-screen display menu for setup and status
• 64 user-editable preset configurations
• Lock levels for restricted access to configuration
END OF LIFE ANNOUNCED AUGUST 2009 – PLEASE REFER TO THE D9865B OR D9865H FOR YOUR REPLACEMENT RECEIVER.