The Cisco® D9036 Modular Encoding Platform provides multi-resolution, multi-format encoding for applications requiring high levels of video quality. The modular platform is scalable to support as many as eight Standard Definition (SD), four High Definition (HD), or other combinations of video encoders within a single rack unit, while providing excellent broadcast quality video and consuming as little as 40 Watts per service.
The D9036 chassis features dual redundant, hot-swappable power supplies and capacity for up to six modules. The chassis supports advanced common synchronization mechanisms, such as black burst, that can be used to synchronize the various services being hosted. The D9036 includes general purpose inputs and outputs (GPIOs), which can be used to signal alarms and trigger digital program insertion (DPI) signals. Dedicated management and auxiliary input ports are also provided for remote Web GUI control and statistical multiplexing traffic. All modules are field-replaceable and hotswappable
to allow for fast service with minimum down time.
Modular Video Input (MVI)
The MVI module provides an SDI input to the chassis. SDI inputs are both SDI and HDSDI compatible. The module supports VBI and HANC extraction, and processing for ancillary services and audio de-embedding. Video and audio data are routed from the SDI inputs of the MVI module through the D9036 encoder to MVC video and MMA audio modules. The module is available in two variants, providing either four or eight inputs.
• 1080i and 720p support
• Deblocking and Motion Compensated Temporal Filtering (MCTF) support
• Closed Captioning support via SMPTE-334M
• HD-SDI embedded audio support
• Dual redundant, hot-swappable power supplies
• Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and AAC audio pass-through support
• Dolby E pass-through support
• Dual ASI and Quad IP outputs (100/1000 BASE-T) in a 2+2 redundant configuration
• Multi-service streaming IP outputs
• Web-based GUI for device management
• DVB VBI, OP47 HD Teletext support
• AFD Signaling, manual or automatic