“F” Series Compression Connector
Thomas & Betts introduces the Ultimate™ Snap-N-Seal® Compression Connector. One connector for 6 Series SCTE specification drop cables including 60% braid, tri-shield and quad shield.
Look for the classic design of this Thomas & Betts connector. With its user-friendly, pre-positioned and detachably coupled plastic sleeve, the UltimateTM Snap-N-Seal® Connector incorporates time-proven advantages for a reliable connection.
• To reduce assembly time and simplify installation, the plastic sleeve is pre-positioned and detachably coupled to the connector body.
• The plastic sleeve’s separability from the connector body further simplifies difficult installations.
• True 360° compression onto cable ensures superior RF shielding performance, -90 dB effective shielding (typical on 60% bonded foil cable).
• Installation requires one-step 1/4” - 1/4” cable preparation and standard compression tools used for all 59 & 6 Series Snap-N-Seal® product families.
• Quad-sealed system prevents moisture migration.
• Incorporates a NiTin finish plus UV resistant plastic and O-rings to provide a reliable, environmentally sealed product.
• Cable retention exceeds 40 lb. minimum as specified by the SCTE.
• Nut, Post and Collar: Brass
• Nut and Collar Finish: Nickel Tin
• Post Finish: Tin Plated
• O-Rings: Ethylene Propylene
• Return Loss: =-30 dB up to 1GHz Typical
• Insertion Loss: =-0.18 dB up to 1GHz Typical
• RFI Shielding: -90 dB Typical (60% Bonded Foil)
• Cable Retention: 40 lbs min.
Complies to SCTE IPS-SP-401
• Cable Insertion Force: <20 lbs Typical
• Temperature Rating: -40°F (-40°C) to 140°F (60°C)
• Moisture Migration: Passes ANSI/SCTE 60 2004