The PS3005 is a high performance, hot‐swappable, 250 watt power supply and controller designed for the CH3000 chassis. The PS3005 manages the RS285 communication on the mid‐plane bus, providing user access to the alarm, control and monitoring features of the active modules in the chassis. For easy set‐up of the CH3000, the PS3005 continuously polls and performs auto‐discovery of all active modules in the chassis.
The PS3005 features power factor correction (PFC) for reduced energy costs, a minimum holdup time of 25 ms for glitch‐less switch‐over to stand‐by power and a front panel RS232 craft port. Additional features include over‐voltage, short‐circuit and over temperature protection.
The PS3005 is available in two configurations: the PS3005D with front panel fluorescent display and joystick and the PS3005N with front panel status LEDs only.
- 250 Watts
- Continuous AC input voltage range from 100 to 240 V, 50/60Hz
- High power factor, 0.95 at 120V
- Long hold‐up time
- Hot swappable
- Supports redundant power supplies
- Occupies two full‐depth slots
- Monitoring and control of chassis‐resident active modules via RS‐232 port
- Monitors and detects chassis platform alarms
- PS3005D allows local monitoring and control without additional hardware
- Over temperature protection