The Cisco Aironet 1550 Series Outdoor Access Point offers a flexible, secure, and scalable mesh platform that is part of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network and the Cisco Service Provider Wi-Fi solution. It offers high-performance mobility across large metropolitan-sized areas and enterprise campuses, manufacturing yards, and mining pits. Carrier-grade design allows service providers to take advantage of Wi-Fi for next-generation mobile data offloads.
Advantages of the Aironet 1550 Series outdoor wireless mesh access point:
- Operational continuity for mission-critical applications across wired, indoor, and outdoor networks
- New levels of security, performance protection, and policy enforcement
- Flexibility and scalability of reliable multi-device and multi-network application delivery Flexible, High-Performance Mesh
The Cisco Aironet 1550 Series provides high-performance device access through improved radio sensitivity and range with 802.11a/b/g/n multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) technology, with two spatial streams. The 802.3af-compliant, Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) interface makes it easy to connect IP devices, such as IP video cameras. NEMA Type 4X enclosures help ensure a robust system that can withstand demanding environments. To help ensure uptime for mission-critical applications even in the event that electrical power becomes unavailable, the Cisco Aironet 1550 Series offers an internal battery for backup power.
The Cisco Aironet 1550 Series with Cisco CleanAir technology provides the highest-performance 802.11n connectivity for mission-critical outdoor networks by detecting interference from unauthorized devices, as well as common outdoor interference sources, such as WiMAX networks and wireless bridging products. The 1550 Series uses chip-level intelligence to create a spectrum-aware, self-healing, and self-optimizing wireless network that mitigates the impact of wireless interference. Cisco CleanAir technology is a systemwide feature of the Cisco Unified Wireless Network that improves wireless network quality by detecting RF interference that other systems can't recognize, identifying the source, locating it, and then making automatic adjustments to optimize wireless coverage.
The Cisco Aironet 1550 Series provides a set of tools that deliver the robust, scalable wireless foundation required to realize the true potential of outdoor wireless mobility, including:
- Cisco ClientLink technology to raise uplink and downlink performance of and coverage to existing 802.11a/g clients
- Radio resource management (RRM) for automated channel selection and power setting management of access points
- Advanced capabilities to select data rates, adjust power, and manage quality of service (QoS) for access points