The Quantum Mass marks the new standard in fusion splicing. It is the industry’s first and ONLY mass fusion splicer with Automatic Clamp Force Adjustment and Live Time Clamp Force Calibration that allows for real time fiber offset adjustment for the lowest insertion loss for splicing ribbon fiber and MPO terminations.
It’s the industry’s fastest mass fusion splicer, taking less than 70 seconds for a 12 count fiber splice. Other industry first and ONLY features include: fully navigational touch screen for optimum user friendliness; SD port for virtually unlimited data storage, plus video, audio, and software uploads and downloads; internet interface for remote maintenance; and the longest electrode life — with legendary reliability common to all Sumitomo splicers.
- Industry’s only dual independent heat shrink ovens with auto pretension clamps
- Industry’s only automatic & real-time clamp force adjustment
- Industry’s only high resolution, fully navigational touchscreen monitor
- Industry’s only SD port for virtually unlimited data storage; plus program, video, audio, and software uploads & downloads
- Internet interface for remote maintenance & software upgrades
- Industry’s only video & audio playback
- Industry’s lightest weight & smallest footprint mass fusion splicer
- Ruggedized design for shock, water, and dust resistance
- Automatic splice start, arc calibration, heater start and fiber identification
- Hard carrying case with integrated work platform
- Multiple positional monitor with automatic display inversion
- Battery recharges while splicing with AC power
- Long life battery
- Lynx2 CustomFit® Splice-On Connector compatibility