The Cisco D9800 Network Transport Receiver is the most versatile receiver designed. It offers hardware configurability and over the air (OTA) licensing to allow content providers customization to support their applications.
It future proofs network expansion by supporting HEVC (high-efficiency video coding) and UHD (ultra high-definition) delivery over satellite and IP terrestrial content distribution networks requiring DVB-S (Digital Video Broadcasting - Satellite), DVB-S2 (Digital Video Broadcasting - Satellite 2nd Generation), and IP reception capabilities.
The integrated video decoder can decode an MPEG-2, advanced video coding (AVC), or HEVC video-encoded service and output the serial digital interface (SDI) or composite uncompressed video.
The D9800 is capable of outputting simultaneous HD and down-converted SD.
- 4:2:0 10-bit HEVC decoding up to UHD resolutions
- 4:2:0 AVC decoding up to 1080p60
- 4:2:0 MPEG-2 decoding up to 1080p60
- New H/W with up to 180 Mbps throughput/bandwidth
- MPEGoIP input with redundancy (1 MPTS or 1 SPTS)
- MPEGoIP output with redundancy (1 MPTS or 16 SPTS)
- Forward Error Correction (FEC) based on SMPTE 2022 for MPEGoIP input and output
- DVB-S quaternary phase shift keying (QPSK) demodulation
- Licensable DVB-S2 QPSK and eight-phase shift keying (8PSK)