AFL-ADSS® (All-Dielectric Self-Supporting) fiber optic cable is designed for outside plant aerial transmission and distribution environments. As its name indicates, there are no metallic components and the cable does not require support or messenger wire. These attributes allow the cable to be installed live-line and in the power space of distribution lines.
- Up to 432 fibers in a cable
- Designs listed below for span lengths up to 1500 ft (457 m), custom designs available for longer span lengths
- Double jacket designs provide additional protection to the fibers for longer span lengths and higher strength requirements
- Track-resistant outer jacket available for high voltage transmission lines for space potential values up to 25 kV
- Gel-filled tubes are reverse-oscillated (SZ stranded) to allow slack for mid-span access