As an industry leader in optical connectivity products, Corning designs and manufactures the ROC™ 900 μm drop cable assembly with factory-terminated, environmentally sealed and hardened connectors. Corning OptiTap® connector design provides superior durability and reliability in the drop segment of the network.
The ROC drop cable design is now available with tight-buffered 900 μm fiber, enabling easy field installation of OptiSnap® connectors at the ONT. By featuring the ROC drop cable design, issues of slack storage capacity are virtually eliminated. The ROC drop cable minimum bend radius is half the size of legacy drop cable. The outer dimensions of the cable have been reduced by more than 50 percent.
Features and Benefits
- Designed for aerial, direct-buried or duct installation
- Self-supporting at 40 lbf installation tension, 150 ft
- Available with one end connectorized with OptiTap SC APC or OptiTap SC UPC on gel-free dielectric or toneable cable
- OptiTap assembly with FastAccess® technology
- Reduced optimized cable cross section with a smaller profile and bend radius allows for increased slack storage capacity in existing ONTs, pedestals and handholes
- Designed for rapid connection to external flush-mounted bulkhead adapters on terminals or closures.
- Integral pulling eye/connector cap on OptiTap connector designed for 100 lb maximum pulling tension; can be pulled through 1.25-in conduit
- Tight-buffered 900 μm enables quick OptiSnap installation at ONT & eliminates the need for ROC 250 μm furcation kits