The OptiSheath™ Classic Sealed Terminal is designed for the aerial, pole, pedestal or buried fiber access network.
This innovative terminal provides sealed environmental protection and quick incremental connection of subscribers’ drop cable.
Features & Benefits:
- Provides a low-cost sealed terminal optimized for optical access architectures
- Designed to install easily on strand, wall, pole, pedestal or below-grade in a handhole or manhole
- Terminal provides capability to serve up to 16 subscribers and has four distribution/branch cable entries
- Drop installation procedure provides sealing and strain-relief in one step through use of crimp tool (Part #: 3208004-01) and heat gun (Part #: 3201034-01)
- Individual drop ports provide a safe and easy way to add incremental subscribers without disruption to previously installed drops
- Designed and third-party tested to meet the requirements of Telcordia GR-771-CORE, Issue 1
- Terminal fiber management capabilities include:
- Up to 6 feet of slack storage
- Maximum fiber cable capacity is 72 loose tube and 216 ribbon
- Accommodates up to three splice trays (36 single-fibers)
- Mass ribbon splicing available with ribbon tray
- UCAO-ST-03 ordered separately
- Maximum 144 splices (three trays)
- Corning also offers a complete line of OptiSheath Advantage Terminals, featuring pre-connectorized drop cables.