The OptiSheath™ Advantage MultiPort Terminal (Preconnectorized) is designed for use in outside plant fiber access networks.
This innovative terminal provides sealed environmental protection and fast, easy incremental connection of subscriber drop cables to increase deployment velocity. Its reliability and flexibility make it the ideal choice for network access point terminals in fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) deployments.
The OptiSheath Advantage MultiPort Terminal (Pre-connectorized) is available in five configurations: 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12 OptiFit® Cable Assembly connector ports.
The integrated pre-terminated cable stub is available in increments of 25 ft and in both dielectric and toneable/ locatable cable designs. The stubbed terminal provides the ability to consolidate cable access points by routing several terminal stubs to a single splice location. This increases workforce efficiency and reduces the overall installation time required to connect customers in FTTx networks.
Features & Benefits
- Provides a cost-effective aerial or buried terminal solution optimized for optical access architectures (FTTx)
- Greatly reduces time required for subscriber connection by utilizing OptiFit Cable Assembly connector ports for customer drop terminations
- Designed to install easily on a strand, wall, pole or in pedestals or handholes
- Terminal and cable stub are factory terminated and sealed
- Reduces installation time and consumables
- Configure each terminal location to customer take rate and stub length
- Available in 4-, 6-, 8-, 10- and 12-port customer options
- Designed and third-party tested to requirements of Telcordia GR-771-CORE, Issue 1