The MiDia® FX plus cable is a revolutionary new reduced diameter cable that can dramatically lower the cost of fiber optic deployment while maximizing capacity in congested metropolitan networks.
Specifically designed for airblown installation using micro-duct systems, MiDia FX plus cable is size-optimized for a maximum of 72 fibers.
To construct this all-dielectric cable, the optical fibers are placed in space efficient, gel-filled buffer tubes that protect the fibers. The color-coded tubes are then stranded around a dielectric central member using the reverse oscillating lay (ROL) stranding technique for easy, mid-span fiber access. Dry Core water-blocking material is then applied for exceptional water blocking performance and quicker cable preparation. A ripcord and a durable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) jacket complete the cable construction.
Features & Benefits:
- · Optimized for air-blown, micro-duct installations, including networks in heavily congested metropolitan areas
- · Lower deployment costs with fast and easy installation
- · Reduced diameter and high fiber density ratio maximize capacity in limited spaces
- · Deferred build costs with fiber deployed only as needed
- · Dry Core Design – Cable core water blocked for quicker, cleaner cable preparation for jointing
- · Meets Telcordia Technologies GR-20 standards for environmental and mechanical performance
- · 300 pound/1335 N rated pulling tension
- · Features OFS application-specific fibers, including AllWave ® and TrueWave ® fibers