The Large Outdoor Fiber Distribution Terminal is designed to terminate, splice and interconnect up to 96 fiber optic cables with SC connectors, or 192 cables with LC connectors in an outdoor environment.
This terminal may be adapted to applications by mounting the enclosure to the exterior surface and connecting between the distribution cable and drops. The oFDT is typically divided into two side-by-side sections with distribution cable routed into one side and drop cable routed into the other side. The cables meet at a central connector field that includes termination for the distribution cable. Each side of the cabinet may be configured with splice trays for splicing the cable to connector pigtails. The oFDT-may be pre-terminated on the distribution side with outside plant cable stubs so that the unit is quickly connected to the plant. The oFDT may be prewired with pigtails so that individual drops routed into the unit can be spliced to the connectorized pigtails.
The unit accommodates a variety of OSP cable types via sealed grommet entry. Cables are secured with standard grip clamps to provide required pull out strength. The enclosure provides grounding for metallic members and for the cabinet.
- Environmental enclosure provides heavy-duty protection from wind, rain, and other contaminants
- Aluminum welded construction provides strength and resists corrosion
- Flexible design accommodates 24, 48, 72 and 96 fibers
- Lightweight structure provides for easy installation
- Lockable tool or padlock offers flexible security options
- Cable entrance ports seal cable at entry
- Cable management and routing limits radius and adds strain relief