Corning FREEDM® Loose Tube Gel-Free Cables are flame-retardant, indoor/outdoor, riser-rated cables suitable for installation in aerial, duct and riser applications.
Because of the riser rating, there is no need for a transition splice when entering the building. Using water-swellable yarns both inside and surrounding the buffer tubes, these cables are fully waterblocked without the use of messy gels, providing for more efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation.
Available from 2 to 288 fibers, the buffer tubes and fibers in FREEDM Loose Tube Gel-Free Cable are color-coded for quick, easy identification.
Features & Benefits
- Ripcords Dielectric Strength Members
- Gel-free design is fully waterblocked using craft-friendly, water-swellable yarns, making cable access and use of buffer
- Available in 62.5 µm, 50 µm, single-mode and hybrid
- Standard 3.0 mm buffer tube size reduces the number of access tools required by crafts personnel
- SZ-stranded, loose tube design isolates fibers from installation, environmental rigors and allows for easy
- UV-Resistant,Flame-Retardant Outer Jacket
- All-dielectric cable construction requires no grounding or bonding
- Color-coded fibers and buffer tubes for quick and easy identification during installation