Unlike traditional outdoor hubs which are typically deployed for neighborhoods of 144 homes or higher, the Hub in a Pedestal is right sized for rural landscapes numbering in size from 12 to 96 homes.
This field friendly unit is enclosed in a pedestal rather than in a metal cabinet and can be placed in the ground without pouring a concrete pad or installing a hand hole. This speeds deployment of fiber to the home and reduces overall project costs.
Modeled after the industry leading FDH 3000, the Hub in a Pedestal incorporates many of the same patented design features widely recognized and accepted by technicians including plug-and-play (PNP) splitter modules, parking lot storage and a swing frame to name a few.
It features full size trays for splicing incoming feeder and outgoing distribution cables and the option of adding hardened drop connections directly from the pedestal, further supporting lower cost business models.
- Available in fiber counts from 12 to 96
- Swing frame access to distribution fibers
- Uses same cable management and splitter configuration as FDH 3000
- Parking lot storage: For up to 64 fibers
- Six available PNP splitter slots (3) 1x32 or (6) 1x16
- Integrated splicing for F1 and F2 fibers. Total of 5 full size splice trays
- Multiple cable clamps to support pass through cables
- Option to provide up to four hardened drop connections
- Barrier plate minimizes damage from ground moisture and rodents
- Dimensions (HxWxL)*: 35" x 11.5" x 14.5"option for customer to provide their own Proform 12 pedestal