CommScope’s DLX fiber optic connector system is a next generation system of plug and play connectors, adapters, converters, terminals and pre-connectorized cable designed to speed deployment and improve cost efficiencies throughout the outside plant (OSP) fiber network.
The DLX system features miniaturized hardened connectors, which support the use of smaller terminals that take up less space on poles, hand holes, ONT‘s and other installation locations. These smaller connectors also allow for smaller holes for passing drops through walls and structures, and can pass through smaller conduits. This minimizes construction costs and speeds residential connections in the fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) cabling network.
- Smaller adapter enables smaller enclosure and smaller multi-port terminal, takes up less space on poles, in hand holes and in an ONT
- Smaller connector drops fit in smaller conduit, requires smaller hole in dwelling, allow less intrusive entry into the residence, and provide an easier and more secure connection
- The DLX connector is fully backward compatible with legacy full-sized hardened adapters through the use of a converter
- The DLX connector is compatible with SC connectors and adapters- a converter is available to provide additional strength for DLX-SC connections
- Variety of cable options allow cabling choice to be optimized for outdoor aerial or underground applications