As local terrestrial broadcasters begin to phase out their analog broadcasts and transition to an all-digital environment, the need to maintain access to the viewing public becomes critical. In many cases, viewers receive these broadcasts through cable, telco or satellite operators who either provide an analog transmission to their subscribers or provide a digital means for their subscribers to receive these local channels.
The RX8320 ATSC Broadcast Receiver is specifically designed to enable a simple, reliable solution to the ATSC broadcast transition for these operators.
The RX8320 provides both ASI and 8-VSB inputs for reception of the broadcast services over terrestrial or fiber links. It then provides a pass-through capability so that operators can carry the digital signals all the way to a subscriber’s home.
To support analog TV delivery the RX8320 also provides video decode capability with high quality composite output and audio decode capability, including 5.1 multi-channel to stereo down-mixing, to allow easy interfacing into the existing infrastructure. Any high definition (HDTV) digital TV service can be down-converted for analog SD delivery.
Automatic picture aspect ratio conversion is performed based on any active format description (AFD) and bar data present on the incoming digital TV service. Legal and regulatory requirements are also fulfilled by the RX8320 for the transition of ATSC broadcast services into analog TV delivery, with the extraction and insertion of closed captions, Nielsen data, TV Guide data, and V-Chip program rating information into the analog video outputs.
BASE UNIT FEATURES RX8320 – ATSC Broadcast Receiver (RX8320/BAS)
The following features are available as standard:
- 8-VSB demodulator
- Transport stream input with ASI connection
- Automatic redundancy switching between ASI and 8-VSB inputs
- Transport stream output with ASI connection
- MPEG-2 SD 4:2:0 video decoding with CVBS output
- MPEG-2 HD 4:2:0 video down-conversion with SD CVBS output
- 2 service Dolby Digital® audio decoding with 5.1 to 2.0 down-mixing
- 2 stereo pairs balanced analog audio output
- Front panel and web browser control, with alarm relay
Optional features include:
- Transport stream over IP output
- MPEG-4 AVC video decoding