***PRODUCT END OF LIFE -- SEE D9854***
RECIEVER, SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA MODEL D9850 DIGITAL CATV AND BROADCAST RACK MOUNT (IRU) RECEIVER. ANALOG, SDI, AES AND ASI OUTPUTS AVAILABLE. AVAILABLE AS "NAP" OR PRIVATE NETWORK RECEIVERS. FOR USE WITH MOST POWER VU CABLE NETWORKS IN THE US.
ALSO AVAILABLE UNIT WITH ONLY ANALOG VIDEO & AUDIO OUTPUTS
The PowerVu® Model D9850 Program Receiver is designed for satellite content distribution applications requiring 4:2:0 video decoding. The receiver offers the capability to receive digitally encrypted video, audio, utility data, and Vertical Blanking Interval (VBI) data.
Analog Cable Program Distribution
Composite video and balanced audio outputs can be connected to analog modulators for analog cable distribution. Four mono audio channels or two stereo pairs are available for primary audio programs and/or secondary audio programs (SAP). For example, primary program audio could be carried on one of the stereo pairs, while SAP audio is carried on the other stereo pair.
Digital Cable Program Distribution
An uplink-addressable transport output provides MPEG program streams for digital tier program delivery. This provides efficient distribution of quality video programs distributed to households equipped with digital set-top boxes.
Digital Program Replacement
Digital program replacement (DPR) allows a programmer to seamlessly switch their primary service to an alternate service in the digital domain in blackout applications for cable digital tier distribution. This feature remaps the PID information from the primary service to an alternate service allowing downstream devices to continue to operate seamlessly. This provides availability of alternate programming in the digital tier without operator intervention.
Cable Headend Ad-insertion
To support flexibility in ad-insertion configurations, this receiver provides four types of outputs:
• Dual Tone Multi-Frequency (DTMF) cue tone
• Cue trigger support, consisting of eight open collector outputs
• One programmable contact closure
• Digital Program Insertion (DPI) messaging via ASI output
Low-speed Data Output
An asynchronous utility data up to 38.4 kb/s is available via RS-232 interface.
IP Data Output
IP data can be received and output at rates up to 50 Mbps.
• Four L-Band inputs
• PowerVu conditional access with DES or DVB descrambling
• Supports Basic Interoperable Scrambling System (BISS) conditional access
• 4:2:0 NTSC & PAL (B/G/I/D/M/N) video decoding
• Aspect ratio conversion (4:3, 16:9 and 14:9) with Active Format Descriptor (AFD) control
• MPEG & Dolby® Digital (AC-3) audio decoding
• Four audio outputs providing either two stereo pairs (four mono channels) of balanced audio each with the ability to use part of their output for applications such as SAP, DTMF, etc.
• Line 21 closed caption and V-chip support
• Utility data via RS-232
• IP Data output up to 50 Mbps via Ethernet
• DVB VBI (WST, WSS and VPS)