Cisco® ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls integrate the world's most proven stateful inspection firewall with a comprehensive suite of next-generation firewall services for networks of all sizes - small and midsize businesses with one or more locations, large enterprises, service providers, and mission-critical data centers. Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls deliver Cisco MultiScale™ performance with industry-leading service flexibility, modular scalability, feature extensibility, and low deployment and operation costs.
Features and Benefits
The Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls are designed to meet the network, budget, and performance needs of small offices while delivering enterprise-strength security. Available in a wide range of sizes, all models deliver the same level of security that protects the networks of some of the largest and most security-conscious companies in the world. They also provide next-generation firewall services such as Cisco Application Visibility and Control, web security, botnet filtering and intrusion prevention, so you can take advantage of new applications and devices without compromising security.
Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls for small offices and branch locations protect critical assets through:
• Exceptional next-generation firewall services that provide the visibility and detailed control that your enterprise needs to safely take advantage of new applications and devices1
• Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC) to control specific behaviors within allowed microapplications
• Cisco Web Security Essentials (WSE) to restrict web and web application use based on the reputation of a site
• Broad and deep network security through an array of integrated cloud- and software-based next-generation firewall services backed by Cisco Security Intelligence Operations (SIO)
• A highly effective intrusion prevention system (IPS) with Cisco Global Correlation
• A high-performance VPN and always-on remote access
• The ability to enable additional security services quickly and easily in response to changing needs