FiberBasix 50 Handheld Testers deliver simple, accurate measurement of signal attenuation during fiber-optic cable installation. Buy the ELS-50 Light Source or EPM-50 Power Meter individually, or choose from five test kits designed for specific users/testing needs: LAN, outside plant, contractors, FTTH and CATV.
The FiberBasix 50 series includes two highly convenient instruments:
- The ELS-50 Light Source, combining up to three wavelengths in a single configuration
- The EPM-50 Power Meter, which offers high accuracy and referencing capabilities An FTTx Test Solution
These products are part of EXFO’s series of FTTx optical test products. They allow for the testing of passive optical networks (PONs) at the three main wavelengths (1310, 1490 and 1550 nm) used in fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) and fiber-to-the-premises (FTTP) networks and comply with the ITU-T G.983 and G.984 Recommendation series and the IEEE 802.3ah standard.
ELS-50 ELS-50 Light Source: Multiwavelength Capability EXFO’s ELS-50 Light Source provides excellent stability and high measurement accuracy for up to three single-mode wavelengths or two multimode wavelengths. It is the perfect complement to the FiberBasix 50 EPM-50 Power Meter when it comes to measuring attenuation on fiber-optic links. EPM-50 EPM-50 Power Meter: High Accuracy and Easy Referencing The EPM-50 Power Meter provides highly accurate power measurements, as well as reference value setting capabilities. It offers power autonomy of 300 hours, for reliable, long-lasting performance in the field.
- Easy-to-use interface for error-free testing
- Interchangeable connectors, for first-class flexibility
- Cost-effective, rugged and highly reliable
- Ideal for testing and troubleshooting optical premises networks
- Five test kits to choose from: LAN, outside plant, contractor, FTTH and CATV