The Fujikura 70S is the world’s fastest and most robust core alignment fusion splicer. Incorporating the proven ruggedized features pioneered by Fujikura, the 70S has added automated and enhanced user control features to increase splicing efficiency.
A user programmable, automated wind protector expedites the splicing process by automatically closing to initiate the splice process, and opening upon splice completion. Fully programmable “auto open sheath clamps” open one sheath clamp, after the tensile test, to prepare the fiber for removal. A new automated “clamshell design” tube heater applies heat to both sides of the splice protection sleeve resulting in a 14-second shrink time. The result is a total splice process time of approximately 21 seconds! Ruggedness and durability are greatly enhance by a mirror-less optical system and "severe-impact resistant" monitor. Battery capacity is now 200 splices/shrinks. An innovative transit case doubles as a built-in or mobile workstation and makes splicing easier than ever before.
• Automated and programmable wind protector
• 14-second automated tube heater
• Fully ruggedized for shock, dust and moisture
• Li-Ion battery with 200 splices/shrinks per charge
• 5 mm cleave length for splice on connector or small package needs
• Sheath clamp or fiber holder operation
• On-board training and support videos
• Internet software upgrades
• Multi-function transit case with integrated workstation