The CableIQ is the first cabling bandwidth tester for network technicians. This Ethernet network cable tester gives even the most novice tech the vision to see what speeds existing cabling can support, quickly isolate cabling from network problems, and discover what is at the far end of any cable. That means network techs can close trouble tickets faster, reduce on-call time, and save money by better utilizing their existing infrastructure. It helps solve problems before trouble tickets are escalated to the next level reducing problem escalation by up to 30%.
CableIQ’s powerful troubleshooting capability and intuitive interface enable frontline technicians to identify and troubleshoot a wider range of problems. CableIQ is the only tool that can answer multiple questions such as: Is the port active? Are duplex settings matched? Is it a network problem or a cable problem? Can the cable support the required network bandwidth? It can measure cross talk and impedance and compares against appropriate limits based on qualification test selected.
- Works on live networks to provide Ethernet switch detection and device configuration
- Measure network capacity (10 Meg, 100 Meg, 1 Gig) to determine support for VoIP, data and video
- Advanced troubleshooting diagnostics; insertion loss, cross talk, noise issues
- Core troubleshooting features; length, distance to fault, graphical wire mapping, opens, shorts, power over Ethernet (POE) detection
- Tests all copper cabling media: twisted-pair, coax, and audio