The DIAMOND Drive Ring is used in CATV, telephone and utility drop installations for permanent or temporary support of drop wires.
The DIAMOND Drive Ring is comprised of a steel pin and u-shaped ring. These two parts make up a semi-permanent assembly. The ring has one closed end where ring winds around the shank of the pin. The other end of the ring is open for easy insertion of the wire. The DIAMOND Drive Ring is available in ring diameters ranging from 1/2" to 1-1/4". The shank length of the pins ranges from 1-3/8" to 2-1/8". The loop of the drive ring is designed to prevent the accidental escape of the secured wire. The inner surface of the carrier ring is smooth to minimize abrasion of neoprene jacketed wires. All DIAMOND Drive Rings are finished with DIAMOND’s quality galvanizing process for long, rust free life. DIAMOND Drive Rings can be installed directly into wood, or into concrete and masonry when used with a masonry expansion anchor for nails.
· Made of hard drawn steel wire.
· Mechanically galvanized to meet ASTM specifications A153 and B695.
· Tensile strength is a minimum of 90,000 psi.
· Large loops to accommodate several drop wires.
· Minimum load values are determined by applying a load in a direction perpendicular to and away from the pin (see table below).
· The striking end of the pin is elevated above the ring to provide an unencumbered striking surface, avoiding accidental distortion to the ring during installation.
· Free from sharp edges and projections.
· Used as a standard by all major telephone companies and throughout the telecommunications industry.
· R.E.A. accepted.
· Manufactured in USA.