A MaxCell Rodder Head or “paddle” is the most effective tool for overriding existing cable plant. Insertion of the paddle over the top of existing cables presses the cables down in the conduit, creating a larger open space at the top for the placement of MaxCell and subsequent additional cable.
The correct size of the Rodder head selected for any application depends on several factors, including:
- Inside diameter of the conduit
- Distance the rod is to be pushed
- Number and radiuses of bends in the conduit run
- Overall physical condition or continuity of the conduit run
- Existing fill ratio of the incumbent plant