A mechanical holding device for wire, strand and rod that is used primarily by telephone and electric utilities to hold strand or rod for guying purposes to deadend at the pole top and at the ground. The strandlink is a splice and is used to make a connection between two pieces of strand or rod, generally used when a guy is broken or when moving guys.
· Simple, fast and foolproof installation.
· Cartridge made of a sturdy, corrosion resistant 6061-T6 Aluminum Alloy.
· Jaws are cold forged 1010-1015 low carbon steel case hardened and zinc chromated.
· The jaw washer is a 1010-1015 low carbon steel.
· The spring is a hard drawn tinned steel.
· Yoke is a 6061-T6 extruded aluminum.
· The bails are a 300 series stainless steel with the lobes being cold headed.
· Each strandlink fitting is sealed with a pilot cup on each end.
· The strandvise uses one pilot cup and an end cap.
· A lubricant coats the internal portion of the tube and jaws.
· A variety of bail configurations and sizes are available to handle virtually all requirements.