Corning Cable Systems SST-UltraRibbon™ Gel-Free Cables consist of a single buffer tube containing a stack of up to eighteen 24-fiber ribbons wrapped within a protective water-swellable foam tape. This central buffer tube is surrounded by a second water-swellable tape.
Dielectric or steel strength members located 180 degrees apart under the cable jacket provide tensile and anti-buckling strength. The cable is jacketed with a black UV-resistant polyethylene sheath. Armored cables include a copolymer-coated corrugated steel tape armor layer.
Features & Benefits
- 288-432 Fibers
- SST-UltraRibbon Gel-Free Cables provide up to 432 fibers in a compact, rugged design
- All fiber counts and jacket options will easily fit in 1.25-inch inner diameter or larger inner-duct
- Compatible with standard ribbon cable procedures and hardware
- Easily accessible individual fibers
- Each 24-fiber ribbon can be easily separated into two 12-fiber ribbons by hand; each 12-fiber ribbon individually numbered for easy identification
- Completely gel-free design contains no messy filling or flooding compounds, thereby eliminating time and labor associated with cleaning ribbons; the work and splicing areas stay cleaner and splice preparation is simplified
- Patented enhanced coupling features ensure the ribbon stack and cable act as one unit, providing long-term reliability in aerial, duct and direct-buried applications and minimizing ribbon movement in situations where cable vibration may occur