Corning SST-Ribbon™ Gel-Free Cables consist of a single buffer tube that contains a stack of up to eighteen 12-fiber ribbons wrapped within a water-swellable foam tape. This central buffer tube is surrounded by a second water-swellable tape.
Dielectric or steel strength members located 180 degrees apart under the cable jacket provide tensile and anti-buckling strength. The cable is jacketed with a black UV-resistant polyethylene sheath. Armored cables include a copolymer-coated corrugated steel tape armor layer.
Features & Benefits
- SST-Ribbon Gel-Free Cables provide up to 216 fibers in a compact, rugged design
- All fiber counts and jacket options will easily fit in 1.0-inch inner diameter or larger inner-duct
- Compatible with standard ribbon cable procedures and hardware
- Easily accessible individual fibers
- 12-fiber ribbons with readily identifiable ribbon IDs and fiber colors
- Completely gel-free design contains no messy filling or flooding compounds, thereby eliminating time and labor associated with cleaning ribbons, keeping work and splicing areas cleaner and simplifying splice preparation
- Patented enhanced coupling features ensure the ribbon stack and cable act as one unit, providing long-term reliablity in aerial, duct and direct-buried applications and minimizing ribbon movement in situations where cable vibration may occur