ALTOS® Lite™ Single-Jacket/Single-Armor Cables are lightweight, reduced-diameter, armored cables designed for direct burial, duct and aerial (lashed) installation.
The loose tube design provides stable performance over a wide temperature range and is compatible with any telecommunications-grade optical fiber.
Features & Benefits
- Also available in a Double-Jacket/Double-Armor Version.
- Corrugated steel tape armor provides rodent resistance for direct-buried applications
- Flexible, craft-friendly buffer tubes are easy to route in closures
- Standard buffer tube size reduces the number of access tools required by craft personnel
- Dry ™ Cables, incorporating an innovative waterblocking design, eliminate the need for traditional flooding compound, providing efficient and craft-friendly cable preparation
- S-Z stranded, loose tube design isolates fibers from installation and environmental rigors and facilitates mid-span access
- Dielectric strength members have no preferential bend and require no bonding or grounding
- Medium density PE jacket is rugged, durable and easy to strip
- Meets industry standards and specifications including ICEA-640 and Telcordia, and is listed with RUS 1755.900