The Ruggedized PLC Splitter offered by OFS provides a truly flexible solution addressing the needs of today’s FTTx networks.
Combining the optical splitter expertise of Furukawa Electric Company with the connectivity and packaging capabilities of OFS, the ruggedized splitter offers superior optical performance in a flexible, yet easy-to-manage package. The use of this ruggedized splitter allows for rapid installation into traditional closure splice trays.
The additional outer housing improves on the environmental stability of the traditional splitters for Outside Plant (OSP) applications. The “upjacketed” fiber legs provide extra protection for the bare fiber. Because of the increased mechanical stability and the bend insensitive fiber, the rugged fiber legs allow for quick routing between splice trays with minimal optical performance impact.
There is no need to prepare the splitter leg with special tubing. The installer can simply route these rugged ends within the closure and secure them.
The OFS’ ruggedized splitter is a full spectrum (1260 – 1650 nm) component available in multiple configurations to meet customer requirements. These splitters also utilize Flame Hydrolysis Deposition (FHD) technology, insuring better thermal stability.
Designed to meet the demanding requirements of both inside and OSP applications, the splitter module meets Telcordia GR-1221-CORE and GR-1209-CORE requirements.
Features & Benefits
- The Ruggedized PLC Splitter maximizes closure tray utilization
- – More splitters per tray
- Modular approach provides cost effective incremental growth
- – Improves and simplifies fiber routing
- The PLC splitters are Telcordia GR- 1221-CORE, GR-1209-CORE tested
- – Support industry standard applications
- – Long term reliability assurance
- Low insertion loss and reflectance
- – Support high-speed applications
- – Support longer link lengths
- Solution-based engineering support to meet all FTTx networking requirements
- – Offer unique designs and configurations
- – Customer specific application engineering
- Universal solution
- – Simplified stocking/replacement inventory