The OFS PowerGuide® TTH All-Dielectric Self-Supporting (ADSS) Loose Tube Fiber Optic Cable offers an excellent choice for short aerial cable spans ranging up to 300 feet (91 meters).
This cable’s compact size, low-cost installation, and specialized design make it an ideal, cost-effective cabling solution for duct, FTTx, and short-span, self-supporting aerial drop applications.
To construct this cable, one to four optical fibers are placed within color-coded, gel-filled buffer tubes to protect the fibers from mechanical and environmental forces – creating a stress-free operating environment within the cable’s designated load and temperature rating. Next, the buffer tubes are stranded around a dielectric central member using the reverse oscillating lay (ROL) stranding method to enable fast, mid-span cable entry. DryBlock® water-blocking material and dielectric strength elements are then applied to the cable core. Finally, a durable outer polyethylene jacket completes the cable construction.
Features and Benefits:
- · Excellent, cost-effective alternative for short aerial cable spans and FTTx applications
- · Lightweight and easy to handle and install for duct and aerial use
- · Single, durable polyethylene jacket for fast and convenient cable preparation
- · Fiber counts up to 20
- · Small nominal cable diameter and bend radius for easy deployment in aerial-to-underground installations
- · All-dielectric construction with a maximum of four fibers per buffer tube
- · RDUP (formerly RUS) listed
- · Available with AllWave® ZWP Single-Mode Fiber, TrueWave® LWP Single-Mode Fiber, and Multimode Fibers.