Durable and tested in accordance with Bellcore Testing Requirement GR-771-CORE and UL 1863, the COYOTE Closure will ensure long-term reliability and quality of the signal — voice, video and data. Its compact size disguises its storage capacity. At just 22" (559 mm) long, 6.0" (152 mm) and 8.5" (216 mm) in diameter, it can store up to 288 or 576 fiber splices respectively, using mass fusion splicing.
- Fiber management system includes splice trays for mass or single splicing (fusion and mechanical).
- Three-section End Plate has six cable entry ports, captive hardware, strength member tie-off, isolated grounds and requires no field drilling. A four cable entry port version is also available for larger cables.
- Durable glass-filled high-density thermoplastic shells. Two diameters, 6.0" (152 mm), 8.5" (216 mm). Built-in shell stabilizers and air valve.
- Field-proven, permanent neoprene gasket sealing system. No re-entry kits needed. No flame required to break the seal or to install.
- LOCK-TAPE™ Sealing System ensures a tight, permanently sealed End Plate assembly and maximum shear strength to resist cable pull out.
Four types of splice trays are available, two for single fiber splices and two for mass fiber splices. Splice trays, for mass or single fusion and mechanical splicing, are layered above the transition/storage compartment and are easily slipped into place on two studs and secured with a hold down strap. These injection-molded trays have hinged, clear plastic covers for maximum fiber protection that still allows for visible inspection of the fibers. A series of tabs along the tray perimeter are easily removed to simplify routing of the fiber. When replaced, they retain the fiber.
COYOTE Splice Tray kits are available for single or mass fiber splices, offering efficient fiber management for your particular needs. Coyote Splice Trays are 11" (279 mm) long and 5-1/2" (140 mm) wide. The height is 7/16" (11 mm) for single fiber trays, 11/32" (9 mm) for low profile single fiber trays, and 23/32" (18 mm) for mass fiber (ribbon) tray