With proven field-installable connector technology, fiber terminations using the OptiSnap™ Connector system are fast, easy and reliable.
The Corning patented, high-precision mechanical splice technology enables fiber optic networks to be installed quickly and cost effectively. The patented Corning Cable Systems go/no-go feedback signal allows the installer to verify that the installation is performed right, the first time, every time.
Insert the fiber, activate the cam and watch the pass/fail light illuminate, instilling confidence in every connector installed. The factory-polished ceramic ferrule provides superior quality for end-face geometry.
The single-mode OptiSnap Connector is available in an ultra physical contact (UPC) polish or an angled physical contact (APC) polish (SC only), offering you a higher grade of performance for your field terminations.
With fast installation time and low insertion loss, the OptiSnap Connector System provides a good alternative to fusion splicing. Installation is as easy as strip, clean, cleave, cam and crimp.
Features & Benefits:
- OptiSnap Connector tool kit designed for virtually no set-up
- Quick installation, less than one minute per or tear down time, allowing installers to get in and out of connector on average installation sites quickly
- No epoxy, no polish or other consumables
- Fastest termination, highest installation yields and no required consumables means lowest installation cost
- No need for electrical power for ovens or lights