EZ-Bend® Single-mode Optical Fiber offers outstanding bend performance to a 2.5 mm radius for the most challenging in-residence and MDU applications. The fiber, developed using OFS' groundbreaking EZ-Bend Optical Technology, provides at least three times' lower loss at tight bends than comparable products. Compatible with the installed base of conventional G.652.D single-mode fibers, the fiber meets and exceeds ITU-T G.657.B3 recommendations.
EZ-Bend Fiber offers the industry's lowest signal loss due to bending across the full spectrum of wavelengths from 1260 to 1625 nm, while ensuring long-term fiber strength and reliability. It can be coiled into a 2.5 mm radius loop with ≤ 0.20 dB incurred loss at 1550 nm and ≤ 0.30 dB incurred loss at 1625 nm.
- Full spectrum fiber provides a 40% increase in usable optical spectrum ready for XG-PON and NG-PON2
- Fully compliant with the ITU-T G.657.B3 recommendation; also compatible with ITU-TG.652.D
- Designed for in-building and MDU applications
- The only G.657.B3 solid glass fiber designed to reliably support low loss even with 2.5 mm radius bends
- Tight geometry for low splice loss and improved connectorization performance
- Excellent fusion splice performance
EZ-Bend Fiber provides outstanding bend performance and design freedom for fiber management systems in:
- FTTH - Multi-dwelling Units (MDUs), in-building applications and drop cables
- Central office
- High power applications
- At the customer premises